GTK in Qtopia

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 12:10:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

Is there a way to run a GTK application under Qtopia ?

Some kind of GTK-Qt bridge... a way for GTK to write to Qtopia
framebuffer instead of X
... or X writes to framebuffer ?
... or whole screen control switches from framebuffer to X while this app runs ?

I think I have seen somewhere a solution via server X -> VNC ->
KeyPeeble  (vnc client under qtopia)... is that doable ?

I realize such a solution will probably not perform ideally (speed,
memory,... ?).
But even if not ideal, this could be really great to be able to launch
any given app. (just maybe not your every day apps)

And it may even not be as bad as on your desktop when you launch
another whole OS in a virtual machine... and still it can be very
useful !