GTK in Qtopia

Olivier Migeot larrycow at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 14:21:14 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Cédric Berger
<cedric.berger74 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to run a GTK application under Qtopia ?
>
> Some kind of GTK-Qt bridge... a way for GTK to write to Qtopia
> framebuffer instead of X
> ... or X writes to framebuffer ?
> ... or whole screen control switches from framebuffer to X while this app runs ?

Back in the glorious days of Qtopia2 (o zauri, where are thou?), there
was an X server running on top of Qt-embedded. I'm pretty sure it
stalled since then, but one can give it a try
(http://xqt.sourceforge.jp/).

BTW, it might have been a quicker way to reach the "let's run random X
apps aside Qtopia ones" goal without porting the whole Qtopia to X11.
Just the other way around, I guess.

--
OlivierM