Request for help: Would like community applications to show anddiscuss at LinuxWorld

Tim Coggins sonicated at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 17:26:01 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Marcus Bauer <marcus.bauer at gmail.com> wrote:

> from tangogps. Moreover the '800 pound gorilla' OM is developing its own
> gps software and I'm not spending my energy competing with it.
>
> OM2007.2 is there, it works and I recommend everybody to develop for it.

Marcus, these two statements appear to contradict each other. Can you
confirm you will continue to work on tangoGPS?

In my opinion so far tangoGPS is the best and most mature application
which I've got to run the Freerunner. It would be a great shame for
the project to loose your leadership.

I tried the ASU yesterday, roughly following what has now been written
up in the "flash ASU" thread earlier today and as that thread details
it's broken at the moment. I plan to stick with 2007.2 until one clear
standard distribution is available and is kept in a reasonably stable
state.

Tim