ASU updated - qpe not working?

Benedikt Schindler BeniSchindler at gmx.de
Tue Jul 29 18:27:45 CEST 2008

Torfinn Ingolfsen schrieb:
> But qpe still crashes / fails:
> root at om-gta02:~# ps ax | grep qpe
>  1346 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/app-restarter The qpe process
> vanished. This is bad.?This is not meant to happen and is likely a
> sign of?a bug in Qtopia. Please try to reproduce it and?report the
> issue to http://docs.openmoko.org.??To be able to use your phone as a
> phone again you?will have to restart Qtopia.? qpe
>  1349 ?        Sl     0:44 qpe
>  1548 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep qpe
> root at om-gta02:~#
>
> Any ideas what I should do now?

"/usr/bin/app-restarter" is a programm that looks after the qpe process one line under it.
if this process dies out of reason. (try "killall qpe") the app-restarter shows you in the x-screen
the message you see in the "ps -ax" comand. and asks you if you want to restart it.

so the message you see in the "ps -ax" is not an error.

it is the parameter the programm app-restarter was given by the start. it's a litle bit confusing.
i also needed my time to work this out. it would be less confusing if the programm would get the message out
of a file and not from the parameter.  But it's ok if you know it.

Beni