Is there some way to turn the predictive dictionary off?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Tue Jul 29 21:16:26 CEST 2008

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 10:12:08 +0100 Al Johnson <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk>
babbled:

ok. now in illume svn there is code to confiugre what keyboard you want
(illume's, none at all (which means if qpe provides one that will be used), or
some other one. other keyboards must install a .desktop file with a category of
"Keyboard" in the categories list).

anyway... in addition there is code to talk to hal and query for kbd devices
and listen to hal device adds/dels, and i have a primitive glob matcher that
allows a list of globs (currently hard-coded - probably will move to a file)
that are globs for identifying "existing keyboards to ignore" when figuring out
of a "real keyboard" has been plugged in and thus needs the virtual kbd to be
disabled. if a real kbd is plugged in i added disable code to the
virtual keyboard handler... that SHOULD work. completely untested. it
compiles.. it runs and doesn't segv... i have no "real" keyboatd to play with
right now.