Openmoko on Design

Marek Lindner marek at openmoko.com
Wed Jul 30 03:01:03 CEST 2008

On Wednesday, 30. July 2008 04:57:27 Chris Wright wrote:
> Where I work, the design team is the same as the development team.

May I ask where you work and what kind of consumer products you are creating ?

> Something as simple as a keyboard button -- well, users were
> complaining about its lack very quickly. If the design team were also
> users, then they would have insisted that the error be fixed.

They _are_ users and kept complaining all the time why we have to push the
damn button. The software should know that we want to type something.
Yes, they are no engineers but I try to see that as a plus not a burden. Their
perception is to have software that gets invisible while enabling the user to
get the real job done and not the other way round.

Marek