Request for help: Would like community applications to show anddiscuss at LinuxWorld

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at openmoko.com
Wed Jul 30 12:45:28 CEST 2008

On 7/30/08 David Pottage wrote:
> On Wed, July 30, 2008 9:07 am, Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:
>
> > > I will not reply to comments like these in detail. You would not
> > > understand.
>
> Sean:
>
> Ad homen attacks aside, you need to respond in public to Marcus's
> substantive points. He is an important community developer, and he is
> expressing real issues that are widely felt. Tango GPS is a killer
> application for OpenMoko, and if we loose it, then we substantially
> weaken the platform, you should think very carefully before burning
> that bridge.

It was never my intention to burn bridges. I was only reacting to his
Steve's a liar post.

If you really want this public, here is what I said:

--
Marcus

Email can be a very poor medium to exchange words. You took my "do you
know who you're talking with" email the wrong way.

All I wanted to say is that Steve represents the ideas of this project.
So if he says something, even if it's technically not the reality of
codebase, you can't say he's lying. He knows the direction we're going.
So maybe he's starting to talk about this more publicly. Which should be
a good thing. Lying: That's a very strong accusation.

No personal disrespect was meant to you. I really like the work you did
on TangoGPS.

My apologies. Peace?

--

This particular list, over last few days, has just been too
emotionally-charged for my tastes. I'll be silent for a bit and catch up

   -Sean