WIKI still a POS

steve steve at openmoko.com
Wed Jul 30 19:47:08 CEST 2008

Perfectly put

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at lists.openmoko.org
[mailto:community-bounces at lists.openmoko.org] On Behalf Of Brian Wilson
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 8:37 AM
To: List for Openmoko community discussion
Subject: Re: WIKI still a POS

Maybe you are not happy because you think it's just a phone. To me it's a
complete programmable handheld computer which happens to have a GSM phone
feature. The phone is a fairly insignificant feature for some of us. If all
you want is a phone, go to the supermarket, they have really nice ones there
that don't come with any significant documentation. I use one myself.

I am trying to develop GPS software for the OM. I have had about 15 minutes
a day to work on it so far but it's been fun. I don't really care (much)
about navigation features, I care about data collection.
The competition is not TangoGPS or Garmin or Tom-Tom or anything OM is
likely to come out with.

Therefore documentation is vitally important to me.

Incidentally I borrowed a friend's T-Mobile SIM card and tried the phone
feature yesterday. It worked fine (including the documentation).

Brian