Updating freerunner to latest snapshot (WAS: Re: )

Robert William Hutton rwh at helms-deep.cable.nu
Thu Jul 31 07:06:08 CEST 2008

Lynn Nguyen wrote:
> Where do you guys get your snapshots? I think I would like to just
> reflash the openmoko. These are the steps I originally took... Does
> anyone know if I am actually doing it right?

What I did was flash my freerunner to the latest milestone, from here:

http://downloads.openmoko.org/releases/Freerunner/

Instructions here:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Flashing_the_Neo_FreeRunner

Then upgraded all the packages:

# this has to be done on the terminal on the openmoko
opkg update
opkg upgrade dropbear &

# this can then be done from ssh
opkg upgrade

Note that currently this clobbers your kernel, so you need to restore it
by getting the latest kernel from here (or similar, newer place):

http://buildhost.openmoko.org/daily/freerunner/200807/

It'll be called uImage-2.6.24<something>-om-gta02.bin

Then follow these instructions to flash it onto your freerunner:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Flashing_the_Neo_FreeRunner#Flashing_the_Kernel

Once you've done all this, you'll have the latest root filesystem with
the latest kernel.  But don't do an opkg upgrade again until the kernel
package problems are sorted out.

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo_FreeRunner#Setting_date_and_time

> Also, where do people get their ipkg feeds? Like, what sources are
> listed in your /etc/ipkg.conf and /etc/ipkg/*.conf files?

Just the default here, works fine.

-Rob