ASU as daily phone, someone ?

Jacob Peterson jacobp at iastate.edu
Thu Jul 31 11:04:27 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 3:37 AM, Benedikt Schindler <BeniSchindler at gmx.de>wrote:

> Jacob Peterson schrieb:
> > On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 6:56 PM, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)"
> > <mail at 3v1n0.net <mailto:mail at 3v1n0.net>> wrote:
> >
> >     Xavier Cremaschi ha scritto:
> >     > I am currently using Qtopia on Freerunner as my main/daily
> >     phone, but
> >     > could someone tell me if ASU would be usable too ? What will I
> >     loose (in
> >     > usability/functionality) with ASU ?
> >

> It's working fine. ... just takes your time to get it installed right :)
> .... the maintained rootfs wasn't working out of the box....
> >

> >     Well, I'm trying to do that but it's not easy... Actually I
> >     neither can
> >     make my freerunner ring on calls (just vibrate installing the
> >     ringprofiles packages). I've made a script for that (that reads the
> >     modem output, but it's not exactly what we whould expect from a
> >     daily use :P
> >

> > I have been using a FreeRunner with ASU as my main phone for the past
> > couple of weeks and it has been working out well once I managed to
> > find the right combination of kernel and packages.  It is really fun
> > to show it off to people and everyone is rather impressed by it.
> >
> I just managed to install ASU so it works fine for all normal phone
> stuff.  (Call/SMS/Conntacts/GPS/GPRS)
> I will set up/update a wiki-page for the ASU installation i have done.

If you do find/start a wiki page let me know, I would be interested in
helping with that.

> And maybe i am also able to create a rootfs with my packages. so that
> the first
> installation of a working ASU would be easyer for the beginning.
>
> But first i have to clean up some things. .... btw could someone please
> send me a fresh ASU- "/etc/X11/Xsession.d/89qtopia" ? ;)

Below is my 89qtopia file.   Good luck :)

-Jacob

/etc/X11/Xsession.d/89qtopia:

#!/bin/sh

# xmodmap to allow the soft-menu to work
xmodmap -e "keycode 180 = 0x11000601"
xmodmap -e "keycode 181 = 0x11000602"
xmodmap -e "keycode 182 = 0x11000603"
xmodmap -e "keycode 183 = 0x11000604"
xmodmap -e "keycode 184 = 0x11000605"
xmodmap -e "keycode 185 = 0x11000606"
xmodmap -e "keycode 186 = 0x11000607"
xmodmap -e "keycode 187 = 0x11000608"
xmodmap -e "keycode 188 = 0x11000609"
xmodmap -e "keycode 189 = 0x1100060A"
xmodmap -e "keycode 190 = 0x1100060B"
xmodmap -e "keycode 191 = 0x1100060B"
xmodmap -e "keycode 192 = 0x1100060A"
xmodmap -e "keycode 193 = 0x1100060C"
xmodmap -e "keycode 194 = 0x1100060D"
xmodmap -e "keycode 195 = 0x1100060E"
xmodmap -e "keycode 196 = 0x1100060F"
xmodmap -e "keycode 197 = 0x11000610"
xmodmap -e "keycode 198 = 0x1008ff26"

# path setup
export QPEDIR=/opt/Qtopia
export PATH=$QPEDIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QPEDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

export QTOPIA_PHONE_VENDOR=ficgta01
export QTOPIA_PHONE_MUX=ficgta01

QTOPIA_MESSAGE="The qpe process vanished. This is bad.
This is not meant to happen and is likely a sign of
a bug in Qtopia. Please try to reproduce it and
report the issue to http://docs.openmoko.org.

To be able to use your phone as a phone again you
will have to restart Qtopia.
"

# Now start Qtopia
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on
/usr/bin/app-restarter "$QTOPIA_MESSAGE" qpe 2>&1 | logger &