Linux PDA with wifi?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Sun Jun 1 02:01:03 CEST 2008

On Sat, 31 May 2008 18:39:00 -0400 Mike <fromlists at talkingspider.com> babbled:

> If I wanted a PDA the runs linux and has wifi, and gets good battery
> life, any suggestions?

n800/n810. use mamona (which is openembedded based - same base os as openmoko).

> And can I run openmoko on it to develop apps, or does openmoko linux
> need to be on the neo/freerunner?

well u need to "port" it to a new device. new xserver (maybe fbdev instead of
xglamo or xati or xomap or....) and kernel needs changing - and there will be
device-specific things in the distro - like assuming 480x640 resolution,
bootplash for example would be tied to this or affected by a change, battery
status another, and not to mention needing a different kernel with different
drivers etc., gsm subsystem etc...

it depends what you want to do in the end...