new iphone - not interested at all

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Mon Jun 2 10:13:13 CEST 2008

Hi,
I for one am completely blind when it comes to proprietary technology
nowadays. I am not interested in any device that offers substantially
less freedom than what is provided by OpenMoko. 'Proprietariness' is
kind of zero factor for me: Multiplied with any cool feature factor it
will cause *zero* exciteness.

Additionally I am also not interested anymore in devices that need to be
hacked, reverse engineered or lack important drivers (e.g. power
management).

When it comes to proprietary devices I am also *much* more concerned
about environmental pollution: After all a device that implements its
maker's vision and cannot be freed from it anytime becomes useless when
the next generation appears. If you are a manufacturer of such a device
do mother nature a favor and leave the silicon, oil, copper and whatever
resources you need for it under earth's surface!

Call me free software zealot, GNU hippy or RMS biggest admirer but this
is my opinion and everyone is completely free to disagree. I have a life
to live (and enjoy) and will not accept random people misusing software
to decide what I can do and what not.

Regards
Robert