new iphone

Rahul Joshi rjoshi31 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 14:02:42 CEST 2008

I completely see where you are coming from. Comparisons are inevitable and
imo your points are mostly valid here.
Android vs Openmoko vs iPhone OSX. You can take this comparison out of the
community but you cannot escape it. I bet everyone have put their 2 cents to
it already, and so some ppl are here and some there.
Someone said iPhone and Freerunner are leagues apart, but why then I ask are
they compared to, in our own wiki page? Surely because they deserve to.
Same with Android. Saying Openmoko complements Android leaves a lot more to
imagine. The discussion has to be on physical merits too. I'm sure everyone
would like to have it from the big guys @ Openmoko - the real deal where it
gets down and dirty, the future as THEY see, any social impacts, oh. yes and
the much talked about target audience too.
If FreeRunner lacks in some areas, so what? Nothing is perfect and nobody
should shy from that as well. There are 10 other FreeeRunner benefits worth
writing about too, yes?

I personally resisted the charms of iPhone because it just didnt cut it for
the mini-geek in me. Openmoko sounds perfect atm. Android.. hmm.. somehow I
dont like the idea of big corporates controlling (ok, guiding) big standards
which can affect day-to-day life in a big way. Cant put my thought down.
evilsmell.

Rahul J