Question about future devices (GTA03,04)

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Tue Jun 3 03:36:09 CEST 2008

I'm not sure about my NDA, but this topic has been around quite some while
now. So mickeyl says "it's about evolution, not revolution". GTA03 -the
recycled name- (which I'm working on the electric schematics of the device
right now) is an improved version of GTA02 (if plans don't change ;), fixing
some "bugs"/annoyances/EndOfLive-chips-issues of GTA02/FR (like kicking
glamo) and introducing some gimmicks not worth (IMHO) to mention in the tech
specs (mostly design). We will have a 3.5mm audio connector mostly compliant
<http://content.omtp.org/Lists/Publications/Attachments/36/OMTP_Local_Connectivity_Wired_Analogue_Audio_v1_0.pdf>
(augmented with some of my weird ideas like stereo line-in, if it pans out)
and it's our first goal to make a (even more) stable device based on what we
done so far.
GTA04 OTOH is about breaking new shores trying to bring exiting new power to
the Neo line.
{{to the best of my knowledge this info is not exceeding a summary of what's
been already published by others in IRC and mailing lists so far. Maybe Sean,
our boss, likes to give more detail}}

Nobody should wait for GTA03 if you decided you like have an 02 (for some of
the GTA01 owners YMMV).
GTA04 is a different thing and I dare to assume won't escape of vaporware
status this year.

All this been told to you by some other person ;-). Plans change rapidly
sometimes. Please don't quote me when you think you have to complain about "I
dunno".

Your hardware development guy
jOERG