Question about future devices (GTA03,04)

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Tue Jun 3 05:51:29 CEST 2008

On 2 Jun 2008, at 23:44, Sergey Volkov wrote:
> I have a question regarding future products of Openmoko.
> Could anybody unveil the GTA03 mystery? What are the hardware
> specs, will the
> shared-slow-videoRAM-bus issue be fixed (for me it's the main reason
> to wait for the next device)?

Not wanting to denigrate any hard work jOERG (or anyone else at FIC)
is currently undertaking on the next model of mobile phone, but I
think most of us have waited long enough for Freerunner, and I think
you'd be crazy holding off waiting for a later version.

If you look at <http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2007-
October/011217.html> you will see how Freerunner has for ages been
ready "real soon now". We'd all rather the hardware is released when
it's good and ready - we don't want to rush the developers, so get
Freerunner as soon as it's out and don't torture yourself with
further agonising anticipation.

Stroller.