using the openmoko neo101 in mass storage mode

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Wed Jun 4 16:19:45 CEST 2008

Am Mi  4. Juni 2008 schrieb Andy Green:

> Yes init 1 sounds like the kind of medicine that matches the problem,
> but actually doing telinit 1 when you want to share storage is pretty
> harsh.  I know it's a bit unfair but imagine if that was how things were
> on a Linux laptop.

Actually that's the way things are on laptops (admittedly Mac). You hold a
button on boot, and the whole device is nothing but a very expensive external
USB(/firewire)-storage device. Even they didn't consider to have any UI up
during this mode.
AFAIK (No Mac here)

Anyway to me it's not of this high priority to have WixXXx-compatible mass
storage. As long as things will "PnP" with all kinda *nix-systems.

so just my 2 €cent
jOERG