Illume / ASU on GTA01 - Video

Pietro "m0nt0" Montorfano monto84 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 07:35:23 CEST 2008

thomasg ha scritto:
> Hi list,
>
> there are still many people who don't know about ASU, and about the
> change in the Openmoko distribution - and there are not many videos, too.
> So I decided to do a small video to show what it looks like, what it
> behaves like and some of the next-generation apps.
>
> I took my Neo (still gta01), flashed one of the qtopia-x11 images[1]
> (that's what ASU is at moment!) and played around.
> It's far away from being complete, it's not perfect and it surely
> doesn't show what will come, but I hope it will show you what the
> softwareguys at openmoko are working on and what the future will look alike.
> Here it is: http://videos.gstaedtner.net/openmoko/illume_intro.mkv (16
> MB, ~3.5 min)
> I hope you don't mind getting no crappy flashvideo this time, but a 500
> kbps h264 with vorbis sound.
> Feel free to download, share, and whatever you want.
>
> P.S. Excuse my bad english, I'm not a native speaker :(

Good job for the video and hey openmoko people, GOOD JOB for the ASU,
it's really nice, quite slow on the neo 1973 but it can be optimized i
think and the FreeRunner should be faster.

I'm soooo happy, please turn the mass production switch on and let us
keep the freerunner in our hands :D

Cya!!

Pietro