y-cable in action

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 20:37:14 CEST 2008

Guys

> | I'm unable to test either of these with the verizon 3g/evdo usb
> | adapter... I don't have access to it this week :(

I did find one of these at the office... so it does work, woohoo. At
least with the AA supply. I'll test the AAA battery hub setup too when
I can.

I had to plug in the verizon adapter last or it wouldn't negotiate the
usb connection properly. It probably needs to see power and data
connections come online all at once.

I only now thought there might be times when you want to have neo
ignore the incoming power altogether to save the external battery some
life. I'll check to see if this is a soft setting.

> I did try this last week, I was able to see the mass storage device part
> of my 3G dongle OK, but not the "GSM serial" interfaces it exports
> despite fiddling with the kernel and adding the "option" driver

I had to add the usbserial module too... iirc the ppp modules were
already installed.

--
Brad