USB connectors on FreeRunner & Hostmode

Joachim Steiger roh at openmoko.org
Fri Jun 6 03:46:08 CEST 2008

Jeremiah Flerchinger wrote:
> It's my understanding that the SC32442B in the FreeRunner has a host
> controller that can support 2 peripherals (I found a link to the manual
> today & updated in the wiki).  Is there just the 1 external connector or
> are there additional pins or connectors internal to the FreeRunner that
> can be easily used to connect a second peripheral device?

its used for bluetooth.

its connected via a flexible pcb and fixed on top of the soc-shielding.
the flexible part the wraps around the mainpcb and connects to it from
the lcm side.

see http://wiki.openmoko.org/images/a/a4/Gta02a5_pcba_ps.JPG

the connector labeled with 'H-BTFPC01'

since usb is kinda 'point to point' you could/must add a hub to keep bt
working.

kind regards

--

Joachim Steiger