resolution preferences??

Michael michael at 2020support.com
Fri Jun 6 19:26:19 CEST 2008

On 06/06/08 06:39:05, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> we can just drive the vga screen at qvga. no need for scaling - just
> change the output at the lcd controller level. but it is a waste to
> pay for a vga screen when we won't use it. also it does look
> "blocky". it isn't about glamo or not - it's separate to glamo
> entirely. simply - how important is a vga screen... really? how many
> people out there can really see the difference? be really honest.
> stop thinking "my specs are bigger than your specs". scan u REALLY
> see all the pixels on a vga screen of that size. i bet to most people
> its all a blur - a qvga screen looks identical to them. only to a
> minority who have very good eyesight does it really make a
> difference, but this is just my "bet". i'm asking the question - and
> hoping for real honest answers.

When I first saw the Neo's screen I was amazed by how crisp the
graphics were and the shine on the Openmoko logo looked real to me. The
first thing I tried was the terminal (of course) and I was happy that
the text could be zoomed, and was still readable. I am short sighted
and have seen the graphics on the iPhone and they seemed ok, but this
is the first phone display that I have been impressed with.

Michael.