QVGA V/s VGA for GTA03 (was something about yummy CPU-GPU combos!)

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 22:26:15 CEST 2008

2008/6/8 The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <raster at openmoko.org>:
> iphone dpi is very much lower than the neo, but a large margin, but users rave
> how nice it is.

I had the pleasure of playing with an iPhone recently, and I tried to
determine the screen's resolution just by eyeballing it,
unsuccessfully. I have a QVGA Nokia 6288, had another QVGA phone, had
a VGA Dell Axim x50v, and a few other small devices with decent
screens. The iPhone's screen is great not because of the resolution,
but rather, because there is no 'screen door' effect. That means that
white space is white, with no black grid surrounding the pixels as is
typical in most LCD screens. When you cannot see the grid, you cannot
determine resolution and that is why the iPhone screen looks as good
as it does.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il