resolution preferences??

Ilja O. vrghost at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 10:49:33 CEST 2008

I'm sorry to break into your nice flamewar, but I've just wanted to ask:

pro-QVGA people, are you serious?

In two years (yep, that's when GTA03 will be released judging by GTA01-02)
QVGA will be just like floppy drives on notebooks - totally non completive.
And won't be because everybody *really needs* >=VGA resolution and can't
survive with lower one. It will be just because "everybody on the block is
hi-res". Same thing happened lots times in IT: remember ATA to SATA switch?
Do you really think that home users wouldn't be able to stick with good old
ATA?

Quard core processors?
New sockets?
Usb 2.0 & 1.1 ?
You think that we couldn't live without these upgrades?

Making fonts bigger via lowering the screen resolution is total nonsense.
And hi-res tranflective screens will be available in less than a year.

Btw, QVGA won't cost much less (it doesn't now and in two years it could be,
in fact, more expensive than VGA).