Click Feedback?

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Tue Jun 10 20:25:13 CEST 2008

On 10 Jun 2008, at 14:13, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> we have been shipping pulseaudio (which is quite a CPU hog on embedded
> systems) on our rootfs for quite a while now. The main reason not
> to use alsa
> directly was because of mixing, since alsa dmix absolutely does not
> cut it.
> If we were to get rid of it, we could ditch pulseaudio and go
> directly to
> alsa. This means no longer being able to mix sounds, but rather
> stick them
> into a queue and play them sequentially.

Hi Mickey,

In reading this I'm struck by the last paragraph, and not the "click
feedback" example you give.

Someone else has already mentioned SMS notification whilst listening
to music, but also my GPS concept is affected. If a driver is
approaching an accident blackspot he cannot afford for notification
of that to be queued to play after some other application is finished.

Stroller.