QVGA V/s VGA for GTA03 - product management, features & assumptions

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Jun 10 23:31:22 CEST 2008

ti, 2008-06-10 kello 14:59 -0400, Ken Young kirjoitti:
> > but surely that's just a result of the current buzz - is UI animation
> > really a *necessity* in the long-term (or medium-term) future of the
> > mobile phone market?
>
> This is especially true because if the GTA03 tries to be an iPhone
> clone, it will be at best a half-assed iPhone clone.

I don't usually do "me, too"s, but I'll make an exception. This
no-nonsense observation warrants attention from the OM powers that be.

Indeed if you try to take on the iPhone where its strengths lie at this
point, you will fail. Freedom and openness have their own strengths.
Concentrate there until you have the resources to spread a wider net
properly.

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>