QVGA V/s VGA for GTA03 (was something about yummy CPU-GPU combos!)

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 09:38:59 CEST 2008

2008/6/10 The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <raster at openmoko.org>:
>> No, I haven't. Could you post a screenshot of how it looks? Maybe if I
>> see it I can be convinced, I'm at least that open minded.
>
> can't as i did it years ago on my ipaq. but it's the same font as here:
>
> http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~fine/Tech/x11fonts.html
>
> see the 4x8 font at the top. bdf downloadable and usable.

I guess it's not that bad. It's not bad enough to affect a purchasing
decision alone so long as I only have to see it in the terminal. If
the whole phone interface will be in that font, then I wouldn't buy
it.

I did not buy the otherwise wonderful Siemans M55 when it was new
because of its terrible font. But then again, I'm the kind of person
who has closed a bank account and switched banks because my current
bank was blocking Firefox access to online banking.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.