QVGA V/s VGA for GTA03 (was something about yummy CPU-GPU combos!)

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 09:48:10 CEST 2008

2008/6/11 The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <raster at openmoko.org>:
> if the vocal group here are to be accounted for going to these screens would be
> utterly bad and we should accept nothing less than vga so wvga (800x480) is the
> only way up into the future.

So you argue to put a lesser screen on the device now, so that you can
have a lesser upgrade in the future? That is not the type of company
that I want to deal with. Give us what is possible now, now.

> ouch. poor cpu.

Other than price, what are the constraints about using a more powerful
CPU? And what is the price hit? If we are talking about having four
times the screen resolution for an additional 30% of the price of the
device, then I say that is worth it. The target market for this phone
will buy it almost regardless of price. That is not to say that price
is not important (it is) but it should be more flexible than the
hardware.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il