GTA03 camera + any chance to add SD card?

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 22:24:12 CEST 2008

I hope the camera on GTA03 will be ~3 megapixels
and have a decent (glass) lens. I don't know
what the COGS impact of the better camera will be
but Freerunner is NOT a bargain basement phone.

If the better specs on camera add $50 vs say $10
for a 1.3 megapixel with plastic POS lens, I for
one am all in.

FYI I use the (inadequate!) phone on my Treo 700p
fairly often. I have other, better cameras, but my mobile
phone is always in my pocket.

new topic:
Given the evolution not revolution goal for GTA03...

Is adding an SD card externally accessible on GTA03 feasible?
Lots of goodness associated with adding SD card slot.
but it may be too much effort and risk for this "refresh" product cycle.

I understand that GTA03 really needs to be a quick
turn, so the team can then invest in a new Freerunner product
with a serious bump in computing power (for openers).

I am NOT in the camp that predicts a 12 month cycle
to get GTA03 out, as that would be a plan to fail.

Give the experience learned with GAT01/GTA02
I predict OpenMoko can ship GTA03 no later than
Christmas,  2008

Ron K. Jeffries
http://www.retaggr.com/Card/RonKJeffries