Click Feedback?

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Thu Jun 12 14:30:06 CEST 2008

Am Do  12. Juni 2008 schrieb Esben Stien:
> That would be an extremely negligible latency and it would give us
> real time dropout less audio on the device, which is pretty crucial on
> such a thing as a phone. You really want dropouts in the audio when
> you use your system during a call?.

There will be NO dropouts (at least for call audio). The GSM audio path isn't
routed through the system, it's direct way [mic -> 8753-mixer -> GSM] analog
only (by default, you may change this).
We don't need low latency on a device like this, we need a way to mix
concurrent sounds (like alsa dmix is supposed to do) in a way that's not
eating up our cpu-resources.
Low latency on audio means some 10 milliseconds, and is important for
musicians, maybe powergamers, but very much ot for a handheld device.

/jOERG