SIM cards for Freerunner (was Free Runner price vs iphone 3G price)

ian douglas id at w98.us
Thu Jun 12 21:07:03 CEST 2008

Kevin Dean wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Stroller <linux.luser at myrealbox.com> wrote:
>> tariffs" ("shop for plans"?) link and was unable to complete the
>> checkout process without selecting a handset.
>
> I'm surprised that AT&T doesn't list that on their site.

They want to force you to walk into their store where you see all of the
phones on display and try to sell you accessories, etc.

Just take the Freerunner into the store with you and say "Hey, have an
unlocked GSM phone here already, just need a SIM..."

> I went to T-Mobile this weekend to purchase a SIM
> card for my Freerunner and the only question asked was "Is it
> unlocked" (ensuring it's "compatible"). There was a SNAFU there
> because this was a newly opened store who didn't have the activation
> kits, but it was a service they clearly offered and even have
> pamphlets in their holders.

Kevin, make sure you activate your minutes -- the TMobile store I went
to said they would activate my minutes and it took me and Michael Shiloh
scratching our collective heads at SCALE 6x to determine that my TMobile
SIM wasn't working because it was never activated by the store...

-id