Why not use forum?

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 23:31:52 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Ben Burdette <bburdette at comcast.net> wrote:
> - far less distracting, with no emails coming in every 5 secs for every topic.

The distraction is a feature, for any project which you intend to take
up a significant part of your spare time, and to contribute rather
than just reading occasionally: it keeps you engaged.  If I had to
"go" to a separate place just to keep up on OpenMoko stuff, I would
probably not get around to it very often.  Whereas for me, reading
email almost continuously is a very old habit (started in about 1994).
 Emails from my favorite project lists remind me very often of what I
intend to be working on after I go home from work.

Although, the signal/noise ratio on this list is quite bad, so it's
not a very good use of time to actually read most of the stuff.  (And
it's even less worthwhile for me to add to the noise, of which this
thread is a good example, but here I am doing just that.  :-)