Anyone working on a cron port?

Peter J. Holzer hjp at hjp.at
Mon Jun 16 15:55:39 CEST 2008

On 2008-06-16 11:35:22 +0000, Lalo Martins wrote:
> Also spracht Joerg Reisenweber (Sun, 15 Jun 2008 18:44:20 +0200):
> > Am So  15. Juni 2008 schrieb arne anka:
> >> anacron
> >
> > see:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anacron #Drawbacks Also anacron doesn't
> > address the rtcwake topic. We should plan for something more versatile
> > that's merging cron(/anacron), at/batch, rtcwake, and the other
> > powermanagement and wake-from-suspend reasons to make a nice cute
> > task-scheduler
>
> Not *all* of those tools, but:
>
> lalo:~> gaze what fcron                                      19:31 ada
> fcron:

Yes, fcron is probably the best starting point (judging from the
features - I haven't looked at the code). Not only does it already do
many of the things we would want, the config files have an extensible
syntax - if we need some new option (e.g. for "wake up for this job"),
it can be added.

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | It took a genius to create [TeX],
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | and it takes a genius to maintain it.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |	-- David Kastrup in comp.text.tex