OEM market,any thoughts about that??

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 20:35:31 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 17 June 2008, Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> Am Mo  16. Juni 2008 schrieb Al Johnson:
> > >
> > > They don't exactly know our hw, I guess (e.g it's not commonly known we
> > > have a low-voltage-RS232, I2C, and separate power feed on internal
> > > debug-con / testpoints). Also some mods on hw are quite easy to
>
> accomplish,
>
> > > either for us or for them.
> > > I suggest, you forward their requests to me, and I'll have a look at it
>
> and
>
> > > see what's feasible EE-side with reasonable effort/cost.
> > > Would be a pity to send them away, just because we didn't check what we
>
> can
>
> > > do for them, no?
> > >
> > > cheers
> > > jOERG
> >
> > Is there any documentation available for these interfaces? They may be a
>
> good
>
> > alternative to USB for adding extra buttons, sensors or whatever in
> > alternative cases.
>
> The debugcon should be kinda documented in the wiki IIRC. Most of the
> testpoints are "documented" right on the board by a printing. But no, I
> don't think there is a complete comprehensive doc yet.
> Maybe if I really don't know how to kill my time eventually... ;-) Anyway
> you're wellcome to ask. I'm not allowed to publish schematics, but I shall
> answer _every_ reasonable question regarding hardware.
>
> cheers
> jOERG

Thanks for the pointer. I should have looked harder before asking.

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_hardware#Debug_Connector

This seems to have the serial, JTAG and i2c on the debug connector, and GSM on
testpoints. I'll wait until I've got one to have a look at the printing on
the board before asking for more.