Possible Camera

michael at crosscode.org michael at crosscode.org
Wed Jun 18 21:08:32 CEST 2008

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Alexander Frøyseth wrote:

> christopher bradski skrev:
>> Good Morning Community,
>>  I was browsing around the other day and found a cmos camera at
>> http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8668.
>> Its a 1.3 mega pixel camera and doesn't have much current draw and
>> under $10. I'm not an electrical engineer but was wondering how
>> feasible(with some soldering skills and a basic electronic
>> understanding) it would be to attach this the the freerunner? The data
>> sheet is included on the site. Thank you all in advance for your help.

> I want one :D
> It is not soo important on my Neo, but i want one (or two) jsut to have
> and play with :D
>
> After what I know, you can get raw RGB output.
> Is this true? Or is it a little more complicated?

 	Yes, you can get raw RGB output. The best forum I've found for playing
with these cameras is this one:
http://forum.sparkfun.com/viewtopic.php?t=10314&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=01c7b713e0788e0041b2342368248ef6

 	You can also get JPEG output, which is why I was originally interested in
it (again, not for my Neo). The main problem you'll probably have with the
camera, though, is that is requires that you clock data out of it at at least
8MHz - so your processor needs to be considerably faster than that for you to
be able to fetch a byte and store it somewhere before it comes time to get the

- Michael