Possible Camera

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Thu Jun 19 00:15:57 CEST 2008

Am Mi  18. Juni 2008 schrieb prishelec at gmail.com:
> i don't think it would be a problem. Simple avr processor can handle
> this camera.
Yep, handle via I2C, no problem. But what are you going to do with the
RGB-data-stream???

> And here we have 400Mhz processor with i2c support. The
> question is do we have unused i2c bus to connect this camera?
I2C is a bus. You don't have to have a "unused" one, you can share the
existing system-wide I2C bus.
But we don't have *any* sufficient number of GPIO spare on the CPU that you
might use, not to mention there's a camera-interface that's dual-used for
other things on FR. So no way to get the actual picture data to video-ram
realtime for a viewfinder etc.

Suggest: use USB

/j