Using gmane with openmoko mailing lists + thunderbird

Ben Burdette bburdette at comcast.net
Fri Jun 20 21:01:57 CEST 2008

I found that you can 'subscribe' to mailing lists as newsgroups with
this news.gmane.org list-to-nntp server.  I was able to subscribe to and
then download all the headers for the 12 or two openmoko mailing lists,
in just a few minutes.  Pretty cool.  This is using the Thunderbird news
client.

I can't seem to figure out how to reply to messages using this interface
though.  I was able to do it to the gmane.test 'newsgroup' (list?).
However, it doesn't really work for the openmoko lists.  Anyone had
success with this?

Ben