Using gmane with openmoko mailing lists + thunderbird

Mike Montour mail at mmontour.net
Fri Jun 20 22:33:04 CEST 2008

Ben Burdette wrote:

> I can't seem to figure out how to reply to messages using this interface
> though.  I was able to do it to the gmane.test 'newsgroup' (list?).
> However, it doesn't really work for the openmoko lists.  Anyone had
> success with this?

The first time that you post a message to a group, gmane sends you an
email to confirm that your From: address is valid. You have to reply to
that before your original message will be posted. If you don't see this
message, check your junk-mail folder.

You may also have to wait a couple of hours for posts to show up. I
don't know if that delay is on the gmane side or if it's the Openmoko
mailserver.

(posted through gmane)