Vote! Zimbra Mobile on the Openmoko

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Tue Jun 24 18:40:39 CEST 2008

Joseph Reeves wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'd like to bring this poll to your attention:
>
> http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbrame-j2me-client/12642-vote-phones-zimbra-j2me-client.html

Sorry, nobody wants this on a smartphone. Why implement features that we
100% need on the platform anyways.
And you have seen that they are talking about J2ME?..

Zimbra allows access via standard network protocols (imap/smtp/CalDAV).
All of them work with evolution. (or other pim and mail solutions for
that matter)
Let's just add sync support for these in the calendar app (the qtopia
one probably already have this...) and build a frickin mail app.

Zimbras contacs sharing is a bit stupid. Let's hope they come up with a
better idea than up and downloading .csv files. :(
Like LDAP for example, which eveyone sane uses.
Or someone hacks together a .csv sync thingie for eds. *g*