GSM Tower Location and GPS

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Wed Jun 25 18:28:59 CEST 2008

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:40:25 +0100
john <jptmoore at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have discussed doing this kind of thing in IRC a few times. I think
> It would be good if somebody setup a project on projects.openmoko.org.

I have signed up on http://projects.openmoko.org (did not know about that
site earlier) and after checking to see that there were no other projects
along this line, I have registered one called rocinante.

> I would also be happy to contribute some code. I have written a
> bluetooth logger which periodically writes to an sqlite database. The
> code is on the projects site [1]. That could easily be
> modified/enhanced to write other data such as cell id etc.
>
> [1] http://projects.openmoko.org/plugins/scmcvs/cvsweb.php/thumbtribes_project/tools/btlogger/?cvsroot=thumbtribes
[...]

Thanks. It will be after the first week of July before I can actually
get working on this project, so other comments are appreciated.

Regards,
Gora

P.S. Rocinante is, of course, the horse of Don Quixote, someone whom I
     have always admired. So, think of this project as a vehicle to go
     around tilting at towers.