warranty

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Wed Jun 25 22:49:53 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Arne Zachlod <zachso at arcor.de> wrote:
> in Germany (or the whole EU) every reseller has to give a warranty for
> private customers from 2 years. i can't imagine that any reseller will
> sell only one unit if there is no longer warranty option.

That's why I think resellers in Europe outnumber resellers in other
areas. By using retailers, Openmoko doesn't have to inflate the cost
to the rest of the world. That way, only the people in the EU have to
bear the extra costs that such warranties incur. This is just my
speculation, of course. the great thing about the free market is that
if people want longer warranties, they're free to purchase from a
reseller who provides that. :)