Group Sales and Technical Questions

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Thu Jun 26 19:48:25 CEST 2008

On 26 Jun 2008, at 17:38, Yuval Levy wrote:

> Hi, interested newbie here.
>
> Is Group Sales <http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GroupSales> still open?

Wikis are self-editable. Add yourself to the list and see if anyone
local is organising a group order.

IMO if you're not in a group order already it'll probably be a piss-
up in a proverbial trying to arrange one.

> I am in Canada, but would prefer a world model (900/1800/1900MHz)
> rather
> than an North American model (850/1800/1900MHz). Is it possible to
> put a
> world model in a box of North American models?

It has been frequently stated here that group orders are for lots of
10 only, and that the group price does not apply to additional units
(eg. if you order 12 then the additional 2 units are at full price).
I would expect, therefore, that the lots of 10 would all have to be
of the same model and that if you want a different model then you'd
have to make a solo-order. I can't recall if this has been confirmed
on the list.

Stroller.