Slashdot post but no web store?

Andreas Micklei nurgle at gmx.de
Fri Jun 27 11:37:19 CEST 2008

Am Freitag, 27. Juni 2008 schrieb Joerg Reisenweber:
> No we HAVE an issue with decoupling caps in FR (simply too small and
> cheap). However it depends on type of headphones used (impedance), and it's
> absolutely fine for line-out usage, like connecting to the car, home stereo
> etc.

Or to a portable headphone amplifier like this one:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/headsix-head-fi-support-sales-action-261529/

I have been using one of these with my iPod for over a year now and the
improvement combined with good headphones is very noticeable. I don't even
use high-end headphones, just the usual mid-range Sony DJ headphones (~50-80
EUR)

Sure it's bulky and one more box to carry around, but the usual mobile devices
with their low voltage batteries will probably never be able to drive proper
headphones with enough current anyway. So all I need on any future mobile
device is a decent line out.

regards,
Andreas Micklei