SDL support

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Sun Jun 29 15:27:20 CEST 2008

Hi,
all kind of sdl libs are there and work. SDL just needs X11 and this is
available on all OpenMoko variants.

Additionally sdl-mixer, sdl-ttf and whatnot are available.

I have however one nitpick: libsdl is quite old: 1.2.9. Current stable
is 1.2.13.

Unfortunately the library is not easy to build and needs fixes. For
instance Debian applies a lot of patches. Perhaps it would be best if
some of the guys/gals maintaining libsdl for a desktop distro could help
us bringing updated libsdl into OE.

There is also a bug which affects GTA01 and GTA02 that makes SDL's mouse
pointer freak out: http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1381

Regards
Robert