25 native [iPhone|OpenMoko] we hope to see

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Mon Mar 3 18:01:25 CET 2008

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:17:42 +0100 (CET)
David Samblas Martinez <dsamblas at yahoo.es> wrote:
[...]
> 22. Digital level
> Is any side of the phone straigh enough to be able to
> develop such a freaking geek widget?
> I could be a funny exercice to play with the
> accelerometers.
[...]

The Neo 1973 does not have accelerometers, does it?

The above would tickle my geek bone enough to do it
if the Neo 1973 had accelerometers. I have an old
Simputer that does have accelerometers, and has a
great game which is a computer analogue of a child's
handheld game. The real-life game is usually made
out of cheap plastic, and has a series of concentric
circular ridges with offset openings. A set of
(usually) three ball bearings can be rolled around
along the ridges. The objective of the game is to get
all three bearings into the inner most circle.

See
<http://brainchunk.blogspot.com/2007/11/n95-application-wishlist-golgoli-game.html>
for a picture of the game.

Regards,