Audio wired Headset

Gilles Casse gcasse at oralux.net
Tue Mar 4 13:05:13 CET 2008

Hi all,

I am a little bit embarrassed: my audio headset is lost, another one
bought recently is not compatible (a 4 ring model for a Nokia, the
resulting sound is too low, almost unusable).

Is it possible to buy a new audio wired headset from OpenMoko.inc?
Otherwise, where can we get one please (OpenMoko distributor?).

The wiki mentions several models.

"Analog wired Headset
There's a four-ring 2.5mm stereo jack which provides connectivity to
old-fashioned wired headsets.
The headsets used by Motorola smartphones (A780,A1200, ...) and the V-360
have a compatible configuration."

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_hardware#Audio

There is a A1200 model in ebay, but it seems to come with a very different
plug :-/

Gilles