Multi-touch: Many questions to one desire....

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Tue Mar 4 16:42:43 CET 2008

Hi guys,

I have thought a bit about multitouch and its possible usecases and the longer
I think about it the less exciting I find it on a mobile phone.

The technology per se is great and I'm sure it will allow for great innovation
among UI's on large monitors, tablets, and even desks.

However, on small screen systems such as the Neo (or even the iPhone) -- what
do you want to do with it? The ubiquitous zooming and rotating examples are
not convincing me at all. With some clever state logic you can zoom and
rotate very efficient on unitouch systems.

So... where are those usecases that apply to a phone?

:M: