iPhone Acquired!

Kyle Bassett kylebassett at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 22:24:32 CET 2008

Well, through some mysterious events within the past few days and some
favors people owe me, I have acquired an 8GB iPhone (without the AT&T
contract)!  Now don't think this means I am defecting to the iPhone
community, by any means :-)  I actually am writing for suggestions to make
this iPhone helpful to the OpenMoko community.  Please don't ask me to smash
or demolish it...yet.  I have been messing around with it the last few days,
and there are a ton of usability suggestions that can and will benefit
OM/Neo.  Firstly, I want to say that I am very disappointed with the
iPhone's touch resolution (not the viewable screen, the physical touch
interface).

There are other threads relating to iPhone vs. OM/Neo interfacing, but I
believe we should start from ground zero now that we know we have an iPhone
to play with.

I am still debating lending the phone out to those who want to play with it,
depending on the interest of the community, we'll see where it goes.

Details will follow!

-Kyle