Coolest thing at ETech (other than Openmoko :-) ): Fireeagle

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Wed Mar 5 22:48:29 CET 2008

What its going to be...... is a series of api's to allow you to;

'provide' your physical location (manual web entry-sms-gps phone
app....)

'promote or interact out onto other platforms (facebook,blog, widgets
etc) your location automaticgically.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd
dean at cognation.net
+1-212-203-4357
+61-2-9016-5642 (Sydney in-dial).

Fireeagle

> I couldn't find a great deal of info about it. What is it really? Can
> anyone elaborate further?
>
> Ivo Anjo
>
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 9:17 PM, Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net>
wrote:
> > I received a beta invite to it yesterday.
> >
> >  I thought wow sounds neat....hmmm maybe not - there are no actual
> >  applications available and only supports manual web page entry of
your
> >  location.
> >
> >  Sure there's a bunch of 'potential alpha' api codes but nothing you
> >  couldn't hack together yourself.
> >
> >  Like I said neat concept but came out of beta way way too early.
> >

> >  Regards,
> >
> >  Dean Collins
> >  Cognation Pty Ltd
> >  dean at cognation.net