Porting OpenMoko to a system with 320*240 LCD screen

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Sun Mar 9 16:25:00 CET 2008

On Sunday 09 March 2008 16:12:15 Tand wrote:
> Hi all,
>       If I want to port the OpenMoko distribution to a system whose CPU is
> also s3c2410 as used in the Ne01973, but with a 320*240 LCD screen, how to
> achieve that?
>       My primary problem is the LCD's resolution. Has the LCD resolution
> been fixed in the OpenMoko distribution?

The current Gtk+ applications should work on QVGA just fine. Be sure to use
the qvga Gtk+ theme (which is in SVN) and use a proper DPI value in the
Xserver start script to make it use correct font sizes.

The next-generation EFL applications will be resolution independent -- either
due to the use of relatives sizes in edje descriptions or by using different
edjes.

In any case, QVGA support is important to us.

:M: