A bit of fun - freerunner and the wisdom of crowds

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Mon Mar 10 08:12:24 CET 2008

A while back, Hans Loeblich asked how many GTA01s were made, and how
quickly they sold. Here is the answer from Steve Mosher, our VP of
marketing:

"We wanted to limit distribution to serious development engineers. The
total build over the life of the product was less than 5000. By any
measure that's a large engineering staff. We sold to serious developers.
We sold out everything  in 3 days. And then we suffered and had to wait
until production caught up with demand. Production never did match
demand, and even today with Freerunner around the corner we have people
ordering Neo1973 and we are sold out.

"So, if you own a Neo1973 you can count yourself as a early early
adopter. You own a piece of history. Freerunner, is a piece of the future.

Michael