Question for those of you for whom I've done a GSM firmware upgrade

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Tue Mar 11 03:42:32 CET 2008

Jae Stutzman wrote:
> Weird.
>
> I suppose this same SIM works in other phones (non neos)?

Yes; it works perfectly in the AT&T provided Nokia.

Do you have
> another AT&T sim to try?

Sadly, no, so the single SIM is a concern.

> Does the SIM keep track of what phones it is
> inserted into?

That I don't know. I don't think so, but I don't know for sure.

And if so, perhaps it's "memory" is full? I have not read
> the GSM spec in great detail, but perhaps it is plausible :)

Interesting thought...

> Maybe you sim is worn out! heh :)

I don't think I've gotten near the limited number of erase cycles flash
memory tolerates, but I guess anything is possible.

> We have not spent a great deal of time using the neos you upgraded for
> us. The last time we used the 3G sim cards they worked fine. There will
> be some heavier testing of them shortly. Perhaps I will start tomorrow
> given this new info!

Please keep me informed.